Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Minds, Death & Grieving

   This mind has been spinning about, my dad, and others who have gone on to their Heavenly reward and death. There is so much I just don't understand. Tonight my daughter was in tears saying, "Mom, I don't want to die!" Her 2 siblings replied, "Yes, you do then you'd get to be with Jesus and Grandpa in Heaven plus you'd be a Beautiful Angel!" When alone with me she broke down again and said, "Mom, the Bible says, That God will come back and get those who love him and will burn the rest of this earth and I want all my friends and family in Heaven with me."  Now how do you explain all that to a dear child? I tried and she was much more at peace and happier. I just pray I answered so she truly does understand.
   My mind has also been thinking about grieving. Can a person not grieve when they first lose a loved one because their happy that their pain free and that they don't have to face anymore opposition? But bam all of a sudden 3 years later you start fighting with in yourself and grieving?  You get a longing for that special person. Everything reminds you of them.?
   Can a person grieve and not step foot into a cemetery? Is not wanting to walk in to the cemetery a sign of not wanting to deal with grief??  Is not wanting to see a grave site with no stone on top part of not wanting to except what has happened??
   Death has been on my mind alot lately. At times I wonder if I'm dealing with death wrong? How am I handling death? Death has seemed so hard on me lately and I feel like it has hit me harder now then 3 years ago. I don't understand and probably never will.
   I have had to face the lost of a loved one often and I hope I don't have to again soon. It's not easy. As a friend put it Grieving is like a pool. I have felt like I'm drowning lately but I'm thankful for the dear friends who have seen it and reached out a hand to me and helped me keep my head above the water. It's not easy! My best support and encourager has been my husband. I'm very thankful for him and all he does and most of all his understanding. Grieving is a long, lonely  journey.
   How do you feel about the whole grieving process??  I know many will have different thoughts. I'm just sharing my spinning head for a day.         Praying well all meet in Heaven some Beautiful Day!!!
 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment