Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Love Story ~ Part 5 (The Final Part)

         On Nov.17th, Moine and I were looking at photos albums and at his dad & moms wedding album. And there was a reading there and at the very end of it, it said something about someday and it was underlined. So I just looked over at Moine and said real quietly "Yep someday!"  He thought it was so funny and instantly I wished I would of never opened my mouth. We did alot of talking and then I went off to bed.  I tossed and turned that night and was really restless. I did alot of praying. I had something very heavy on my mind that I felt Moine needed to know before we ever got engaged but I wasn't sure how to start the topic so I prayed that if it was God's will that before Moine ever asked the question that I would already have shared with him what was heavy on my heart.  I finally drifted off to sleep. Unknown to me at the time Moine was also praying!
        Nov. 18th, 2004, We got up and had breakfast with Moine's family at 7:15am. I was impressed Moine helped his mom set the table and empty the dishwasher. I could tell he was trained right :)!  After breakfast Moine and I looked at pictures and then we headed into town. We did a bit of visiting and then Moine took me to The Norweigen Coffee Shop (Noske Nook!)  we had a really good talk. Ya know one of those heart to heart talks. And we shared alot about our families and yes, what I had asked God to open the doors for me to share with Moine did happen and I got to share it with him. It was really an amazing time! We then went home and Moine asked me if I'd like to go out and see the 2~story tree stand back in the woods that him and his dad had built. I was like,"Yeah, I'd love too!" Moine and I walked out to the woods and climbed up into the tree stand. Let me explain how this  tree stand was built. You climb up to the first story and its all open and then you can climb on up to the second floor and the 2nd floor was all enclosed. They had a heater in there so you could sit and play games or sit and talk & stay warm and they had windows all the way around the 2nd floor also so that they could open the window and shoot deer from the 2nd floor as well. We were having another good conversation when all of a sudden Moine said,"Ya know I've been thinking about taking our relationship farther but I'd like to know how you feel about it?" By this time I pretty much knew it was coming and had felt a very strong conformation from God that Moine was the one and whenever he asked it was okay to answer Yes. So my reply to Moine was,"Yes, I'd be ready to take our relationship farther."  Moine looked at me with the most handsome blue eyes and the brightest smile and said,"Well then, Will you marry me?" I replied,"O, Honey Yes!"
        We stayed out there and talked for awhile longer then headed to the house for lunch. We were beaming! We ate lunch with Moine's mother (Evelyn). She made some wonderful taco salads. I think she figured out what took place before we even set down to lunch but we never said a word about it.  We were so excited and could hardly wait to head into town again. He wanted to go buy me an engagement present. He bought me a kitchen aid mixer which i'm still using today. I love it and I think of him each time I use it!! We then went on to Ashland, Wisconsin to the visitors center. We took a tour there and some of the favorites there were The Northern Voices in the theater and walking the board walk together. We then went down to see Lake Superior too. We then went back to Moine's place and changed and conformed Moine's mothers suspicion.   Moine then took me out to Lumberjacks! Its a really neat restaurant and the food is served on china dishes and they use goblets and they have a fireplace lounge where you can  sit and visit if you want too. Its just really nice and cozy.  Moine's good friend's (Bryan & Elaine High) happened to be out on a little night out and happened to be at Lumberjacks so I got to meet them that night along with Moine's Aunt Lavina. We then went to Walmart to get new rook cards and Moine bought me a dozen of red roses as well.  They were beautiful! We then went back to Moine's place and played some golf with the company that was there. Moine and I then excused ourselves ourselves and went upstairs to talk. I tried calling home but got no answer.  We started making plans. Finally got a hold of my parents. My dad said,"Thats no surprise!"  We had another good heart sharing time as well before we separated for the night. It was hard to sleep that night as we were all so excited! 
          At this point is when it got really hard to stay hands free like we had agreeded  to do.
I will be honest for the next day we struggled. We both did. Yes, we held hands quite a bit that next day. Moine's mother asked him that afternoon how it was going and his parents encouraged him to stay strong. I was personally battling with in my heart and Moine was as well. That night as we were getting ready to go our separate ways Moine said,"Before we go our separate ways tonight I want to apologize for over~stepping our bounds." We apologized to each other and prayed and asked God to forgive us and to give us strength to continue in the way that we had agreeded on. In saying that I want to add we still struggled but not like we did those first 2 days after being engaged.  I'm sure to some of you this seems far out but it was how we felt and it was how we were convicted to do it. If I had it to do over again "Yes, I'd still do it the same way!"  
          I can't remember for sure but i believe it was Nov. 23rd when Moine and I packed up the car and headed to Kokomo, Indiana (to my home.)  On the way home we made calls to friends that we wanted to tell our special news too which included Moine's sister (Evangeline) from Oregon.  We also called my parents again and told them we'd like to take them out for supper one night while Moine was around as this was only the 2nd time that Moine had come to visit. We ended up taking my parents to Golden Corral and had a wonderful time. I should add here that on our way home we stopped in Chicago where MacDonalds is in the middle of the toll roads for a bathroom break as the weather was getting kinda bad. I was in this long line and a lady and I start to talk and this lady asked me if I knew what the weather was like towards Kokomo. My reply was, "My sister said its Kissling (for those that don't know kissling is Dutch for hailing.)"  The lady looked at me really weird and said, "Uh, What?" I then realized what I had done and tried to correct myself. Yes, I still get alot of ribbing about this one too!
After this I'm not sure what all happened and I will try to recall it the best I can as I quit taking notes or even journaling. I guess I got to carried away with wedding plans.  
           Nov. 28th Moine had to head back home. Now this was the first time I really had to leave him cause if you recall the first time he visited was also the first time I ever met him and so it wasn't near the struggle that I had this time. We both struggled. It was so hard even though we knew in a couple weeks Moine would come back for my dad's side Christmas get~together. 
          We did lots of talking. Many phone calls and late nights and alot of texting as well. One week Moine's cell bill was over $600 and my was higher then normal but not near that bad so Moine told me its just time to get married. :)
         December 17, 2004 Moine came back to visit and to take in the Christmas gatherings.  We had a wonderful time. I then packed up and took all my wedding plan stuff with me and left with Moine and went back to Wisconsin with him. I was there for 2 weeks. These 2 weeks included Christmas and New Years. 
        The beginning of January 2005 found Moine moving to Kokomo, Indiana! Moine had a trailer and packed everything inside there that he could and pulled it to Indiana with his truck while I followed him in his car. We had hand held radios so that we could communicate back and forth. Neighbors of mine had a place that was 2 miles from my parents place and so  Moine and I made arrangements so that Moine could live there until we got married and then we'd continue living there once we got married. Moine came to my parents place almost every night for supper and we worked on wedding plans most nights. 
        The weekend before our wedding my bridesmaid (Vylene) brought the bus to Indiana and we picked her up and then my sisters and my mom went out for supper and then most of us ended up at a motel for the night. And had one last fling. We went swimming and laughed and had a good time.
        Feb. 14th finally came. Moine took me out to Great Wall (a Chinese restaurant) for supper. The full busy week had begun. Moine's sister (Evangeline) and her family from Oregon arrived so on Feb. 17th Moine's family was all around and wanted to go out for supper together. We went to Ryans. It was good to get to know his family a bit better before the wedding but I hadn't felt good all week. We asked our photographer (Delisa) if she would be willing to take photo of Moine & I on Friday afternoon so we didn't have so many to do Saturday. It was awful and I wouldn't wish anyone to be sick during this time. We managed to get it all decorated and all set up.
         Febrary 19th, 2005  finally came! The day I had longed and dreamed for. I married my best friend! We shared our first kiss on this day as well!! And I wouldn't trade it!!  And here we are 7 years later. Alot has happened in those 7 years and maybe I'll share more anther day!    
         Here is a photo of that tree stand that Moine and his dad built and where Moine purposed to me at.       THE END!!!         

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! I just read through all your story and just in awe over how God can lead two people together who are committed to Him! A Godly courtship is so rare in our world. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, Thanks for the encouragement. It has been a wonderful blessing! Glad its an inspiration to you! God Bless~

    ReplyDelete