Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our Love Story ~ Part 3

     About 5 minutes later the post master returned! She handed me an envelope and said, "Is this what you wanted?"  I looked at her in shock and replied, "Yes, thank you so so much!" and I flew out the door! As I sped down the road I tore the letter to shreds and let it fly out the window as I drove down the road a little here and a little there (yeah, I littered :( I just didn't want anyone to find that letter.)  I went home and I tried to go about my day but I was a wreck. I finally composed my first letter. I finally got the letter sent out on Sept. 8th, 2004 (which is his birthday by the way). Till he received the letter in the mail it was 3 weeks from when I got my letter. I had absolutely no contact with him or his parents during this time. And I had informed some of my family that if I heard from either of them before he got my letter that it would all be over. Yes, I know 3 weeks is an awful long time especially when its something like this. You also have to realize that I had never met this guy or seen him ever and I was considering dating him and possible marriage. It was no lite matter to me. Moine informed me later that it was the longest 3 weeks of his life. And that some had tried to get him to call me but he said, "He'd give that girl as long as it took!"   I don't know what all that poor guy faced during those 3 weeks but I can tell you he was PRAYING!  As I think his family was as well.
     In my letter I wasn't the easiest on him either. I'll admit it right up front. I'm going to share a few of the questions that I asked in my first letter and I know to some of you it won't make sense. Well to be honest he wasn't sure how to take all of them either and he wasn't sure what he was getting himself into.  As Moine and I have talked about this letter several times since he does see where I was coming from and totally understands now but I did really throw the poor guy for a loop at first.  Here are some of the questions:  1. Was it your choice for your dad to call my father and I or was it your dad's choice? 2. What kind of music do you like or listen too?  3. What kind of reading material do you read?  4. Do you prefer name clothing or is that not a big deal to you?  5. How do you feel spiritually speaking (like your growing or at a stand still or slowly sliding backwards?)    I then told him a bit about myself and my family and told him he could reply whenever he felt led. So in a sense I still did not give him a complete yes or no!  
      It didn't take him long to reply and I'm told he had a bit of a quicker step after he got the first letter and a bit of a brighter smile. His letter was dated for the 13th of Sept. so I believe he answered me the night he got my letter. And his return letter was post marked Sept. 14th, 2004.  I want to add here that he did take full responsibility for his dad coming to visit me at Camp Chippewa and also for calling my dad!!  
     Yeah, I know I made him wait awhile already while I didn't return a letter until Sept. 22nd,  as I was in Mississippi for a dear friends wedding.  When I got home I did write him another letter telling him that he was free to call me if he would like too. But since we had never met that my parents and I would like if he'd come visit so my family and I could meet him. But i told him as to when that was up to him, but to please let me know first.  I also included a photo of me in this second letter. Okay, I have to be honest here. I included a photo but lets just say it was not a good photo of me and defiantly not up to date.  I decided if this photo scared him off it was not to be. Yeah, he still teases me about that.  Moine told me that his parents reassured him that I didn't look like that, that I was much better. Poor guy, I know!   I was really curious if I'd hear from him again and if so would he call or write??   
   STAY TUNED for Part 4......

No comments:

Post a Comment