Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Strawberry Jam Day & 4 Muskateers....

Michael taking a stab at cleaning
strawberries with a knife. scary!

My big helper! She did a super job.
I was amazed!
It's done!! Ready to put in the freezer!
The girls processing them. They each
had to push a button.
Enjoying some of the straws with
ice cream and choc. cake.

The straw. jam and getting ready to
add my pectin mix to the
strawberries & sugar.

Filling the jars & conatiners with the
strawberry jam.

Myron had to help too. He is using
one of those orange peelers and trying
to dig the tops off.

I'm flipping through the advertisements and all of a sudden I realized that Meijer had Strawberries for 10 for $10 and get the 11the one free. They were 1 pound containers. Wow, this was an awesome deal! I called Moine discussed this with him and he was in total agreement that with the 4 children and that cheap of a price that it would be best to just go buy a bunch to make strawberry jam this year. I did!  I got 44 lbs of strawberries for $40. I decided to take photos as we progressed but I did miss a few photos that I wish I had but so goes! Over all it was a good day! By the way sorry my boys don't normally run around with out shirts but for whatever reason their shirts were in the dryer and they had none in their drawers.  I also apologize that their not in order. I'm not the smartest when it comes to setting up a blog and I still don't have it figured it out.  The children loved helping me. This was our Strawberry day last week!!  Children will only learn with hands on experience. It wasn't my first pick this day but God gave me the Grace to allow the 4 Muskateers to help in each step one way or another. !! 

The boys processing them. They each
had to push a button as well.
Opps...I made a few bags of
strawberries. And one fell when I was
stacking them in theg freezer



All the strawberries cleaned and
washed!
The boys turn to fill the processor
with strawberries.

I then got them processed and ready
to make jam.










No comments:

Post a Comment