Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Special Island

   ~ God Romancing Me~

    I want to share something that was really impressed upon me this weekend. Any body that knows me really well knows that I'm not an early riser and I love to sleep in any chance I get. So it was rather a shock to me as I'm sure it will be to many of you.
      Sat. morning at ladies retreat I decided to get up at 6:30 A.M. and shower. I had thought I'd lay back down till breakfast. But I had a very strong pull to go down the waters edge and sit on the dock and talk with God! So, I gathered my Bible & devotional book (Jesus Calling) and headed out the door of the building where we were sleeping. 
      As I got to the end of the dock the sun started to rise. In the middle of the lake was an island with a house. With the sun starting to come up and the way it started to shine on the water it was just breath taking. 
       On Friday one of the speakers had talked about God romancing us. While I was out their praying and just enjoying God's beautiful Creation a swan came between me and the island. It started honking or whatever they do.  It's beauty was so breathe taking. While it wasn't much longer  and I seen off in the distance 2 more swans and they started honking or making whatever sound they make. And as I was watching the 2 swans that were together slowly swam towards the one swan. All of a sudden out of no where these 2 swans made a straight line through the water as they flew to the other swan. I set there and watched the 3 swans until they swam away. There beauty was amazing. 
      I had to think of the ugly duckling story and how he turned into a beautiful, delicate swan. And then how God took My life even though I was a terrible sinner and with God in my life how He has made me BEAUTIFUL!!!  Maybe not outwardly but with God in my heart He has made me beautiful!!! 
      If you have or will except Christ as your personal Savior You too will be BEAUTIFUL no matter on what your outwards appearance!  
       I too had to just think how God was romancing me!  The beautiful picture God showed me, the island & the swans and just how Awesome Our God is. I truly can not express that time out on the dock. It was truly an experience and an awesome encounter with God that words cannot explain. 
        I pray you will feel God's presence in a real way and that you will feel him romancing you in some way!! 
         If you have never had such an experience then ask God for one!!  God says, "Ask, and the door will be opened unto you!" And I pray God will give you one of these special moments. And you feel like He is romancing you!!
One of the Glorious sites I beheld
that morning!

You can barely see it but their is a
house on the island in the middle
of the picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment