Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our 5 Stop Mission

Our Outcome From Our Mission

    Last night my children and I took part of the challenge that I had challenged ya'll with a few weeks ago. The challenge that was a challenge to myself!  
      What we done was in the past month when I made our meals I'd always make extra. I'd then take small containers and fill them with some of our main menu from that night. I'd then freeze them. 
       Last night we took these containers out of the freezer and started our journey!  Were very blessed!
       Our first stop was at my Grandma's house. We totally surprised her but she was delighted! We visited a bit and they each gave her a hug and a kiss when we went to leave. They loved it. They just didn't like her dog but they loved visiting & surprising Great Grandma!!!  I think my Grandma did too.
        Our second stop was at an older ladies place. She goes to church with us and she has made dresses  for my girls and I.  We also surprised her and she instantly got out a small box of toys for the children. They loved it! They also gave her hugs before we left!
        Our third stop was at a bachelor's place (a guy from our church) and he was't home but we stuck the food in between the doors. We texted him to let him know and went on our way.
         Our fourth stop was at an elderly ladies place in our community (a Grandma to my brother-in-law) and she was absolutely thrilled. We didn't stay there to long as she had a bad cold. She gave each of the children a nutty bar and a mint. They were delighted. They also gave her hugs before we headed out the door! By this time my children were loving it and wondered how many more places we could go too. lol.
         Our fifth stop was at an older ladies place. We also go to church with her. She has also sewed a dress for each of my girls. She lives in Flora, Indiana. So we had about a 45 minute drive to her place. I did call right before heading to her place cause  I wanted to make sure she would be home. I believe she too was shocked and delighted. We visited for a bit there and the children loved playing with her toys! She gave them each 2 pkgs of  gummies and a barn filled with animals to bring home. They all gave her hugs as well. They loved it!
        I'm not sure who got the most out of our missions. The ladies we stopped to visit or us surprising them and seeing their eyes light up and big smiles come across their faces! And my children just couldn't believe all the treats they were getting. We all really enjoyed it and hope to do it again just hope to get an earlier start on it!! 
          My children said, "Mom they must get so lonely!" I told them, "Yes, I'm sure they do!" They replied, "Well, we need to do this more often then!"  I replied, "Yes, we do!" 
             That was our 5 stop mission I wondered if we'd get done last night!   If anyone else took up the challenge we'd love to hear about it too!!  Have a great week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment