Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Special Birthday...

A Special Afternoon...

     Moine's birthday was Saturday and so I decided for his birthday this year I wanted to do something different but special!  I called up my oldest sister and wondered if she'd be willing to watch my children Sunday afternoon. If so I would make the main dish for their lunch. 
      The children each wanted to give their daddy something special for his birthday. Two of the children gave him a fajita sizzler kit. Another gave him a tortilla warmer. 
      The other one tried for 2 days or more to decide what she was going to give her daddy. Nothing I suggested was good enough. She'd say, "No, thats not good enough I want something really special; like extra special!!" I named off several things and was just ready to give up when I decided to see if she'd give him a package of skittles. She looked at it and thought then looked at me and then looked at the skittles again. She said,"Yeah, I think this will work cause he likes skittles!"
      So I fixed steak fajitas for Moine on Sunday!! As I gave him his steak fajitas his eyes glowed and he got the biggest smile and said,"Where did you get that steak? That is the best I've had in a long time!"  I quietly said, "GFS." He replied,"While then you marinated it! And with what?"  I told him I used his mom's steak marinade(thanks mom :))! It was really yummy if I must say so myself. Were looking forward to the next time I make the steak fajitas!
      We then just enjoyed having the afternoon to ourselves. Getting naps with out waking up to the children fighting and etc.... I met my sister at their church and brought them home about 6:30p.m.!  We then enjoyed family time with the children. :)
     Monday he had off of work and I again cherished sitting on the front porch swing with Moine and watching the children play. I'm so thankful for such a wonderful, loving husband!! The joy he brings to our lives and how hard he works to provide for the children and I. He is such a blessing to me! I just want to say,"Thank you & I love you dear!"
     These times are very special and I will remember them for a long time!!  I hope everyone who reads this will take time to do special things together with their spouse alone and then also make special family memories!!  God Bless! 

Moine & I   My oldest took these
photos of us!

My Sweetheart & I

Moine enjoying some fajitas later
too...I made too much!
The steak fajitas...yummy! 

The children giving daddy presents

All excitied cause they could finally
give daddy his presents.
Some more present unwrapping...
Daddy with his girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment