Monday, September 17, 2012

My Challenge to You...

     My Challenge to You...
     
       Tonight my heart as done a lot of wondering. My heart has ached for the many who are hurting. For the many who are physically ill and those who are spiritually ill and those who are hurting financially.
And in talking with a friend I realized I hadn't done my part as a friend. As a Believer I hadn't done what God would have done. So I challenge you to think about these questions that I have been tonight.

1. Do you really care?  

2. If you were in their shoes what would you want others to do for you?

3. Am I really that busy that I can't take time out of my schedule to brighten someones day at least once a week?

4. Is it really asking to much to spend one night a month with a teenager who is hurting?

5. Is it really that hard to drop a note or card in the mail to someone who is ill or hurting?

6. What about a wife or husband who has lost their spouse;"Have I taken time to take them out for supper alone or just to give them a little get away from the normal everyday things in life??"

7. Or that mother or father who has lost a child have I been there for them in the ways listed above?

8. Have I made a meal for that widow or widower in my community or church or my own grandparents?

9. Have I taken time to visit the elderly?

10. Have I taken time to show those on the mission field how much they truly are appreciated and how thankful I am for all they give up to do God's work?

11. Have I taken time for the young mother who has a lot of little children and looks worn down and weary?  How can I help her if I'm willing?

12. Or the mother/father whose spouse has left them to raise the children alone while he goes about his own business? What have I done for them?

13. And what about those children, "What have I done for them? Am I willing to take time?"

14. What about the couple who has no children but one of the spouses end up in the hospital, "Am, I willing to step up and help them where I can?"

15. What about the older single ladies or men living alone? Do I take time to invite thim over for an evening? 

16. What about the guy who ran out of gas but no one stops to help? "Am, I willing to be the one to fill his vehicle up with a little bit of gas?"

17. What about taking time to pray for each of the above? When I say, "I'm Praying for you. Do I do it like I mean it and should daily, constantly?"

18. Do I really do all I can? Or do I make tons of excuses why I can't do this or that because its not to my convenience?

19. Most of all do I really show true Love and Care like Christ would???

20. What will I do about it now that God has laid this on my heart or brought it to my attention?

       This has brought a challenge to me and I know with a family its not the easiest to do. Trust me I'm right there. I've used that excuse way to often. If possible get them involved! Or with things being tight its hard to do some of the above but sometimes its just a note or a phone call or dedicated prayer & fasting that is needed!   I challenge you listen to the Lord, You will be BLESSED!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment