Tuesday, September 4, 2012

20 things I've taken for granted?? Have you??

   Thankful and yet too often taken for granted...

    The other week Moine worked local here and then had to head out Saturday morning. Here are some of the highlights of the week and things that I realized I miss so much and use to take for granted and I hope I never do again!  If you have the privilege and honor of having your husband home every night please don't take these times for granted! Count your blessings and make wonderful memories!

1. Getting to take Moine snacks. Some fresh baked goods.   Sometimes just ice water other times other special treats. It was alot of fun. 
2. Our morning chats over coffee.
3. Getting to go see him in the middle of the day. 
4. Having Moine home for supper every night. 
5. To fix a full meal every night and be able to sit down as a family with every spot at the table filled. 
6. To have help putting the children to bed at night. 
7. To go to bed with my husband and get to actually sleep in the same bed. 
8. Fixing breakfast every morning not just have cereal & coffee. 
9. Getting a hug and kiss several times a day! 
10. Getting to take him lunch or having him stop in for lunch.
11. Moine surprising me and bringing me a fountain pepsi when he ran to town for his boss.
12. Having family time where we play games together & etc.
13. Hearing the children and their daddy having a heart to heart discussion.
14. Hearing Moine pray with the children and us praying together!
15. Moine watching the children so I could make a quick run into the store.
16. Washing greasy clothes.
17. Moine listening to the children read and looking at their school work every night and encouraging them.
18. Waking up with Moine and getting our day started together.
19. Having those special late night talks over coffee or a special treat or just talking!
20. Seeing my husbands handsome face and beautiful smile!

    I'm thankful I still have my husband and can still be thankful for these things and not take them for granted although I don't have them every night at least I still have them often. So for that I'm very thankful and hope I will never take him for granted again. 
    Lord, I'm thankful for my husband and the time you have given us and the time you give us together! Help me never to take him or the time you give us together for granted again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment