Friday, February 15, 2013

When Life Hands You Lemons...

When Life hands You Lemons make Lemonade
 
    Does your life seem rough right now? Do you feel like life just isn't fair? Do you feel like no one truely understands you? Does it seem like what more could happen to you?
     Have you lost someone you loved dearly? Has your life took a drastic change? Do you know how to handle that change? Does it seem to overwhelming and you don't even care?
     Are you ready dear brothers and sisters if Christ should return tonight? You know things can change in just the blink of an eye!
     If your facing something dramatic and life seems to overwhelming and your stressed from your head to your toes. I want to encourage you friend God already knows! So give your cares to Jesus and let Him have control. It's not easy to do I can tell you I'm struggling right along myself.
    I'd encourage you to take time to read God's Word and to meditate. A few things that have become so real to me are: God says, "For I know the thoughts  that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give
you an expected end ( a future and a hope)."
    God also tells us to not worry or fret. If we do we lose the peace and joy that He has to offer us.  He also says, "...in whatsoever state I am,  therewith to be content." I find it hard at times to be content in the valley's that God allows in my life but I'm striving to always be content and to praise God for even the valley's in our lives. Because it's in the valley's where we truly grow!
     Have you asked God to give you a peace and a joy to continue on through what He has allowed to come in your path?  God says, "to let our request be made known unto God in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving!" Also "I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me!"  
    A few other sayings that have become special to us are: When God closes a door; It's for your protection. When God open's a door it's an invitation! And the other one: If God brings you to it; He will see you through it! We seen this on the way to the ER recently when my husband passed out on me and after they admitted him to the hospital on the other side of the sign was the top saying. It spoke straight to my heart and was exactly what we needed to read.
    I've been challenged lately; Am I making lemonade out of what I consider were lemons that God gave me? Do you make lemonade out of your lemons??
    Where still deep in this new chapter that God has allowed in our lives and still have no idea what lies ahead for us but I pray I will always take to heart and remember this blog through it all. I fail, I struggle, and I cry out,"Why?" And you know what that's okay. God hears my hearts cry. But its then in that time that I need to commit it all to God and let Him have complete control and to Trust Him where He leads! Is it easy? "No!" Is it worth it? "Absolutely!" 
    As a dear friend told us resently, "Psalm 23 says, He makes me lie down! It doesn't say if you want to its says He makes me." God knows your needs and whats best even before we do.
    I'm ever so grateful to my dear husband! It will be 8 years next week and I am so BLESSED!  Through this valley He has been so strong, He has been a great encouragement to me and I have been so blessed by his gratefulness, confidence and trust in God through it all! He has a peace that is undescribable! He has taught me that I can't change anything anyway so why not just trust the Lord who is our Guide, our Strength,our Comforter? I'm slow but I'm learning and I'm so blessed. My days always go so much better when I do exactly what the Bible says and what my husband has encouraged me to do!
      Dear Friend, Will you trust God with your life? Your Family? And will you make lemonade out of lemons?? 
      I pray you have somehow found courage to keep putting one step in front of the other. Have a great day!  Blessings to All~
                                  ~ A fellow traveler trying to make lemonade~
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Sure been thinking of you all!! Sounds like you're doing a great job making lemonade. :) I hear a few pieces through mom of how it's going for you. Will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kendra we need all the prayers! We really appreciate all the prayers and can so feel the prayers of so many friends and even many that we don't know...Blessings to all~

    ReplyDelete