Monday, January 16, 2012

Prayer & Lessons on Prayer from my children...

                                                                 ~Prayer~
So Prayer has been on this heart of mine!  
What is Prayer?
 How dear is Prayer to you??
  If you haven't read The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Ortman Id highly recommend it!  I just bought the cds for my husband, "The Power of a Praying Husband by Stormie Ortman also.  He is throughly enjoying it as well. He told me this morning now he sees why I really like her books and he is looking forward to listening to the rest of the cds.
Are you quick to pray?
I love listening to my children pray.  Especially for their daddy!
     As I was putting my daughter to bed she said, "Mom, I miss daddy" and started crying. She said," Mom, Will you pray?" I said, "Sure!" So I prayed asking God to protect daddy and keep him safe. Once I was done praying she said, "But mom you never prayed for my side. And it hurts." I apologized and then took a moment and asked God to help her side not to hurt. She then curled up in my lap and went fast to sleep.
     At lunch today I asked my son to pray. He said, " Lord, Be with daddy and keep him safe and we thank you for his work so we can have a place to rent and food to eat. Thank you that He can provide this food for us to eat. Amen!"
    At supper I asked my daughter to pray. She said, "Lord, help us to be good and not fight and help us to share and help us put our toys away right away so that our floors don't get dirty! Amen!"
     And my youngest son loves to pray too and I just love to listen to him and see him squeeze those eyes closed tightly. And after hes done praying he will always recite the Lord's Prayer.  Once he forgot and started eating and he all of a sudden remebered and he said, "O, I forgot to pray God's prayer!" We said, "It's okay you don't have to every time but he insisted that He wanted to pray that prayer even if we all went on and ate with out him.
    And my other daughter loves to pray as well and she struggles of knowing where to quit praying cause she wants to pray for everyone and everything but yet she wants to eat so its hard for her to say a short prayer. Which is ok. It has just been amazing watching my children grow and how differently they each pray but yet how they each pray!
    I just love listening to my children share their hearts in prayer with Jesus! They have been a good lesson to me in prayer. We pray for a bunch of people and a bunch of situations and a bunch of things. What an awesome God we Serve!!  
    Do you pray for your children by name?
Do you pray for your spouse?
Do you pray for specific areas in your spouses life?  Like their job, financies, hobbies, language, struggles, their mountain tops and etc...???
Do I have such a love for God and Prayer that I could Pray all day and talk to God about everything and find it hard to quit praying rather then eating or feeding my face???  
      When I first read the book "The Power of A Praying Wife" I was shocked at how it changed me. It changed me enough that my husband said to me, "I don't know what your doing but don't change. Keep it up I really like it! I thought he was changing. But it was God doing a work in me instead. And I'm very thankful for that!!   I have reread that book often and still enjoy it!
      This has been a challenge to me again to keep Praying and talking with my Heavenly Father and I hope it has done the same for you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post I look here often to see what you've wrote. Where do you get the CDs for your husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered the cds from cbd.com (christianbookdistributers.com) thanks sorry I havent kept my writing up but I will try to do better :) Glad you enjoy them

    ReplyDelete